The Production Supervisor assists the Operations Manager in the planning, coordination, and directing of work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to such areas as Production Planning, Scheduling, Communications with Staff and Production Line Management, and meeting agreed Company objectives and targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise hourly employees to ensure compliance with company policy and work rules, SQF,GMPs and safety requirements
- Consistently demonstrate safe work behaviors and actively support company safety goals
- Drive performance improvement initiatives and maximize value added time
- Lead the development and implementation of Lean Continuous Improvement Plans
- Provide challenges and support team members to continuously improve results
- Develop strong initiative leaders (team leads)
- Provide superior service by continuously meeting customer requirements and deadlines.
- Direct and coordinate production and process distribution.
- Review operations; analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports to detect production problems when necessary.
- Assist in the management of staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, and discharging process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience
- 3-5 years of experience within a Manufacturing and/or Production Supervisory position
- Excellent Communication and Leadership skills.
- Ability to think independently, as well as determine and implement appropriate decisions.
- Willingness and desire to consistently learn.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily lifting and carrying requirements of this position: occasionally (up to 3 hours) of lifting and carrying up to 100lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires the ability to work in noisy areas with exposure to heat, cold, a high level of almond dust, and movement of vehicles.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”false”]