In addition to the mastery and skill set from production level I and II, this position is responsible to have a clear and precise understanding of 1 or more cleaning and/or production machinery. Have the ability to access input inventory vs output inventory, and make the necessary machine adjustment according to the quality of which they are instructed to achieve. This position may include the moving and fumigation of inventory in addition to the cleaning of product for final production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The operation of one or more of the following: Sizer 1, Sizer 2, Laser 1, Evolution, Helius and/or Nimbus Machinery. Along with X-rays.
- Operates Forklift.
- Prepares bins for fumigation.
- Moves product to assigned locations for storage or packing.
- May perform high bin stacking with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Work closely to communicate with Production Supervisor/management and QC.
- Closely Monitor throughput accepted product as well as reject with complete understanding of inventory control system.
- Follow GMP,SQF, Safety and all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company required safety equipment to work in a safe and accident-free manner.
- Must have the ability to get along with coworkers, management, customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Work in a manner that is compliant with food safety, work safety and all QA programs.
Other duties may include:
- Repair, fumigate, and clean bins.
- Operate Forklift safely and effectively
- Recharge batteries, fills fuel tank or replaces propane gas tank.
- Any duties included in Production Level I and II
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and/or Experience
- 6 months of previous forklift experience required.
- Flexible to work any shift.
- Clear and Precise understanding of all California Almond Varieties
- Clear and Precise understanding of all USDA grading parameters
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a forklift operator license
- Drager Monitor Training
- Chemical Safety Training and Awareness
- Initial company orientation and safety training.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position will most likely require insignificant amount of travel.
This Position has no Supervisory Responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minorities, Female, Veterans, Disabled.
Drug Free Workplace Employer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold and/or hot weather conditions, high level of almond dust, and moving mechanical parts/vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually high to moderate. Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to hearing protection, hair and beard nets, gloves, and eye protection must be used in the performance of duties. Proper lifting techniques must be employed at all times.
Note: the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, and duties. These may change from time to time based on business needs.
- Medical, dental, vison
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Safety Bonus Program
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”false”]