Entry level production work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorter: Hand sort debris and undesirable defects of product traveling on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color and order specification.
- Sanitation: Cleaning of machinery and work area in between customer orders.
The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Bin Repair: Responsible for repairing, cleaning, and fumigating bins.
- Work in a manner that is compliant with food safety, work safety and all QA programs.
Other duties may include:
- Build fiber bins.
- Maintain and adhere to SQF certification, HACCP processes.
- Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP’s) and safety practices
- Wears all required safety equipment and works in a safe and accident-free manner.
- Housekeeping duties as needed.
- Perform other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Flexible to work any shift.
- Chemical Safety Training and Awareness
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minorities, Female, Veterans, Disabled.
Drug Free Workplace Employer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires the ability to work in noisy areas with exposure to heat, cold, a high level of almond dust, and movement of vehicles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold and/or hot weather conditions, high level of almond dust, and moving mechanical parts/vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually high to moderate. Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to hearing protection, hair and beard nets, gloves, and eye protection must be used in the performance of duties. Proper lifting techniques must be employed at all times.
Note: the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, and duties. These may change from time to time based on business needs.
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Safety Bonus Program